- Of all the people I’ve had the privilege to recommend as a manager and business leader over the years, Yoni Titi is the easiest to talk about. I have known Yoni for many years, initially as my Executive Assistant when I was CEO of FNB, and later as an entrepreneurial acquaintance with a passion for success and the consciousness for self-development to realize this
- Yoni’s youthful energy, intellectual flair, collaborative aptitude and dynamic personality resonated well with my own leadership outlook to support and invest in young talent as the basis for building a strong leadership bench strength a business. Her work ethic not only earned her the respect of senior bank leadership with whom she interacted at a strategic level, but also made her the pivot point for the effective functioning of the Executive Committee. Working with Human Resources, Yoni was instrumental in the establishment of the FirstRand Young Professionals Network which brought together young professionals from a wide range of business divisions across the FirstRand group of companies, including RMB and WesBank. This platform provided an avenue for the leadership to understand our young professionals’ needs, value system and barriers to success. It enabled us to finesse our talent management approaches - from recruitment, retention to leadership development - in our journey to becoming a high-performance banking group.
- Like Yoni, I regard networks highly. They facilitate peer-to-peer learning, build confidence and provide a support structure that integrates young professionals into a business environment which is often hostile. Used effectively, networks become hotbeds for bright ideas in a market that is poised for innovation-led growth. Yoni understands all this, and it has been a marvel to watch turn her passion for people and relationships into a commercial value proposition worthy of adoption by some of SA’s blue chip companies. She has moved on to become a highly networked entrepreneur of impeccable repute.
- Through Yoni Titi Human Capital Evolution®, the business she founded in 2008, Yoni has positioned herself as a go-to person for strategic talent placement and leadership development. That some of Yoni Titi Capital Evolution’s key recruits have progressed to key management and leadership positions in its portfolio of client companies, speaks volumes of the quality of her business’s talent supply.
- Africa is considered the last growth frontier left for many companies the world over. This means that the war for talent to make the best of this opportunity is set to intensify. For me personally, a business such as Yoni Titi Human Capital Evolution® will in future do more than just place people in employer organisations. It will contribute to addressing the leadership challenge which, for too long, has been one of Africa’s growth inhibitors.
- If Yoni Titi Human Capital Evolution's® success so far is anything to go by, I have no doubt in my mind that it will rise to this challenge.
Reference Dr. Micheal Jordaan, FNB CEO (2004 – 2014)